Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly or register on the Website we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, other information as prompted, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect via our Website in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate and maintain our website and any related services or resources
- Establish, administer and provide related benefits and information to you if you make a donation
- Send you various categories of communications
- Improve, personalize and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to your membership, your donations, your continued interest in Global Water Center, and for various marketing and promotional purposes
- Enter your information into customer relationship management software and contact you based on this software
- Send you emails
- Respond to your inquiries made by or about you relating to our Website
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our Website; and
- Further, our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring, and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, or improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Global Water Center may use ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences and the pages on the Website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies.”
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that Global Water Center has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business deletes any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
European Union area, Switzerland and United Kingdom visitors or users of the Website or Kiosks
The following provisions apply only to users residing in the European Union Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, and the UK.
Please note, in May of 2018, a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) went into effect. Pursuant to GDPR, we are required to provide those residing in the EEA, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom (hereinafter, the “EU Users”) additional information and rights related to the “Personal Data” we collect about them. We summarize such information and rights below.
How to contact us
The purpose for the information collection
Legal grounds for processing personal data
Global Water Center will process personal data that we receive from EU Users on the ground that it is in our legitimate interest for the effective administration of the Website to fulfill and/or address your requests or to provide the functionalities and features as further described herein.
Your information and your choices; withdrawal of consent
GDPR provides EU Users with additional rights in respect to the Personal Data we hold about you, including the right i) to be informed about the Personal Data we have collected, and ii) to request a copy of the Personal Data, and iii) to have your Personal Data deleted, and iv) to lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data with your local supervisory authority. Upon appropriate written request, we will update or amend your Personal Data, but we reserve the right to use any information previously obtained to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate and lawful. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your Personal Data—or request that we stop any processing of your Personal Data—by contacting us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Please note we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed from such locations. Additionally, there may be circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided in data protection legislation in general, and GDPR in particular. Finally, please note that we are not responsible for removing or deleting information from the databases of third parties (such as service providers) with whom we have shared information about you, but we will make the request on your behalf for such removal/deletion.
Children’s privacy/note to parents of children residing in the EEA, Switzerland, and UK
The website does not intentionally or knowingly collect, use, or disclose personally identifiable information about visitors to our Website that are less than 13 years of age. If a child under the age of 13 submits information to us without the permission of a parent or guardian through any part of the Website or at the Kiosks and Global Water Center becomes aware that the user submitting the information is under the age of 13, the information provided will be deleted as soon as it is discovered and not used for any purpose. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that they have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at the address below and be sure to include in your message the same username and password, email address, and/or other information that you believe your child submitted, if applicable: Contact us at email@example.com
Children’s Information Where GDPR is Not Applicable
The Child Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA) regulates the online collection of information from persons under the age of 13 (covered person). Covered persons are required to obtain parental consent before providing personal information via this website. If you are a parent of a COPPA-covered person, you have the option to agree to the collection and use of your COPPA-covered person’s information. You may revoke your consent and/or refuse to allow any further collection or use of your COPPA-covered person’s information at any time by the following procedure:
To revoke consent or refuse to allow the further collection of your COPPA-covered person’s information, when using a Kiosk do not enter a COPPA-covered person’s name during registration and do not take a photo. Select “choose an avatar instead” on the photo capture screen.
The Global Water Center collects names and images for persons under the age of 13 for use within the boundaries of the exhibition. Image function opt-out is available by moving out of the frame on the photo capture screen and selecting “choose an avatar instead.”
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Global Water Center’s Website, located at https://globalwatercenter.org.
By accessing this Website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page. Our Terms and Conditions were created with the help of the Terms And Conditions Generator and the Free Terms & Conditions Generator.
Unless otherwise stated, Global Water Center and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on the Website. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access the Website only for your own personal use, subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Global Water Center’s Website
- Sell, rent, or sub-license material from Global Water Center’s Website
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Global Water Center’s Website
- Redistribute content from Global Water Center’s Website
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website may offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website (“Comments”). Global Water Center does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Global Water Center, its agents, officers, directors, representatives, and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who posts their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Global Water Center shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages, or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Global Water Center reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive, or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
In the event that the Website has features allowing Comments and you decide to post your Comment, you warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent, or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Global Water Center a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats, or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System-wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications, or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law, and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we, in our sole discretion, decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Global Water Center, and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations, after written approval, may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Global Water Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Those organizations approved in writing for linking by Global Water Center may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Global Water Center’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a written trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your website. You agree to protect, indemnify, defend and hold us harmless against all claims that are rising on your website. No link(s) should appear on any website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of any third-party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us at any moment. We will consider requests to remove links, but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this Website is correct; we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the Website remains available or that the material on the Website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions relating to our Website and the use of this Website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort, and for breach of statutory duty.