Information we collect
How we use your information
- Provide, operate and maintain our website and any related services or resources
- Establish, administer and provide related benefits and information to you if you make a donation
- Send you various categories of communications
- Improve, personalize and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to your membership, your donations, your continued interest in Global Water Center, and for various marketing and promotional purposes
- Enter your information into customer relationship management software and contact you based on this software
- Send you emails
- Respond to your inquiries made by or about you relating to our Website
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our Website; and
- Further, our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring, and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, or improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities
Global Water Center follows a standard procedure of using log files. These log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Global Water Center may use ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences and the pages on the Website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors browser type and/or other information.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Third-Party Privacy Policies
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
GDPR Data Protection Rights
How to contact us
The purpose of the information collection
Legal grounds for processing personal data
Global Water Center will process personal data that we receive from EU Users on the ground that it is in our legitimate interest for the effective administration of the Website to fulfill and/or address your requests or to provide the functionalities and features as further described herein.
Your information and your choices; withdrawal of consent
Children’s privacy/note to parents of children residing in the EEA, Switzerland, and UK
The website does not intentionally or knowingly collect, use, or disclose personally identifiable information about visitors to our Website that are less than 13 years of age. If a child under the age of 13 submits information to us without the permission of a parent or guardian through any part of the Website or at the Kiosks and Global Water Center becomes aware that the user submitting the information is under the age of 13, the information provided will be deleted as soon as it is discovered and not used for any purpose. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that they have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at the address below and be sure to include in your message the same username and password, email address, and/or other information that you believe your child submitted, if applicable: Contact us at email@example.com
Children’s Information Where GDPR is Not Applicable
Terms and Conditions
- Republish material from Global Water Center’s Website
- Sell, rent, or sub-license material from Global Water Center’s Website
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Global Water Center’s Website
- Redistribute content from Global Water Center’s Website
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Parts of this website may offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website (“Comments”). Global Water Center does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Global Water Center, its agents, officers, directors, representatives, and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who posts their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Global Water Center shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages, or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- Global Water Center reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive, or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event that the Website has features allowing Comments and you decide to post your Comment, you warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent, or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant Global Water Center a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats, or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System-wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law, and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your website. You agree to protect, indemnify, defend and hold us harmless against all claims that are rising on your website. No link(s) should appear on any website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of any third-party rights.
Reservation of Rights
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us at any moment. We will consider requests to remove links, but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
- limit or exclude your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.